Monday, June 9, 2008

Friendship Tag: A Bit About Myself

I was tagged by would-be mommy, Wendy, to share something about myself. I'm sure her wonderful journey to motherhood is one of the best chapters of her life, so I wish her a safe and happy pregnancy. So now, about me:

1. What do you want for your birthday?
- Will I sound too cliché if I say good health and less worries for my loved ones? That’s what I always keep praying and wishing for. Ok, ok, if somebody would want to give me something really tangible, I’d like a plant or a book.

2. Who will be your next kiss?
- My husband.

3. When was the last time you went to the mall?
- Mall? What is it? Hahahaha, just kidding. I don’t really remember anymore. Besides, we don’t really have that many “malls” here in the sense of a big commercial building with all kinds of shops and restaurants inside. More likely, the “mall” here is streets lined with boutiques and brasseries/bars.

4. How did you spend your summer?
- Summer isn’t here yet (and hopefully, it would be really sunny and warm, and not just “summer” in name). Many people usually head south, so maybe we’ll head north (to avoid the tourist rush). Or maybe just stay home and laze around :)

5. Have you been to the cinema in the last 5 days?
- No. In fact, I prefer watching films at home --- because I tend to “pause” or play it back to discuss a particular scene or line. I would certainly annoy many viewers if I do this in a movie house :).

6. What are you wearing right now?
- Why do I get the feeling this sounds a little bit kinky? Or maybe it’s just me *grins*. Anyway, to answer the question, I’m wearing my very dependable and warm pyjamas :)

7. What was your last purchase?
- Provisions.

8. Who would be the person you would call if you were up in the middle of the night and couldn’t sleep?
- I don’t think I would call anyone as I don’t want to disturb people when they’re having their much-needed sleep and rest. I would just read.

9. Have you bought any clothing items in the last week?
- No. I’ll wait for the summer sale :).

10. Do you have a pet?
- Well, if one consider having your neighbors cats over everyday (they come and go in our garden as they please and eat the food we leave for them) as having pets, then I guess we have several of them :).

11. One thing you hate about yourself?
- There are many things I used to wish I could change. But as one grows older, you learn to live with it. As the serenity prayer says, "accept the things I cannot change"

12. What are your plans for the day?
- For tomorrow (since it’s night here already), nothing extraordinary. Just the usual stuff/household chores.

13. Ever went to a camp?
- Yes.

14. Are you a good student in school?
- If this means never-had-any disciplinary action-with-satisfactory grades, then I would say, yes.

15. What do you know about the (your) future?
- I really don’t know. Of course, our present will always affect the future, but there are times the expected result is not what we hoped for due to a factor or factors beyond our control. But I just hope and pray for the best.

I'm tagging Gracey, Nussaibah and Portia in the hope of getting to know them more :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello sis! grabbin' my tag now. Thanks for thinkin' of me. Ingat lagi :)

Post a Comment